Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a daewoo fridge freezer model DRQ29NPES which is

Customer Question

I have a daewoo fridge freezer model DRQ29NPES which is making a noise freezer side but stops when you open either door
JA: How old is your Daewoo fridge? Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: 5 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Daewoo refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Couple of days, pulled it out, cleaned freezer side
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: seems to be getting louder?
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 12 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your Daewoo fridge/freezer that has started to make noises when the door is opened. I have found Persistent noise that stops when the doors are closed is usually caused by the refrigerator fans. If the noise starts to return shortly after you open the doors, then this noise is typically caused by frost build-up around the fan's housing which can be resolved by proper levelling and temperature adjustment.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry no, the noise is when the doors are closed, stops when you open the doors

Sorry, typed that the wrong way round.