James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

When I press the button for the machine to release so I can

Customer Question

When I press the button for the machine to release so I can fill the water container, nothing happens.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: C77V60N01
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s only just happened, it was working fine up till now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that’s everything
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
To confirm you can't pull the unit out of its void or you can get to the tank but just not pull it out of the to?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi and thank you. The button I press usually clicks the the machine releases so I can pull it out to access the water container. Today the button isn’t working at all. I’ve never had a problem with this machine before. I really hope you can help.
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

It sounds like the mechanism has seized up I would give the appliance a few firm shuts inwards as you press the release button and this should free it, once it comes out lubricate the rails with some WD40 and it should prevent it seizing again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi James, thanks for getting back to me. I had tried pushing the machine as I pressed the button but it makes no difference. I can’t shut it any more because it is shut! Shelagh