Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an FFS180QC Sewing machine that I have only just

Customer Question

Hi...I have an FFS180QC Sewing machine that I have only just started using. Today I followed the instruction manual on how to change the needle. The needle does not go all the way in up to the needle stopper.
JA: How long have you had your FFS180QC?
Customer: I've had it probably for a year but only started using it about a month ago.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just kept following the instructions several times.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only thing I noticed is that when I tried to push the needle up to the stopper it feels as if something is in the way. Also in the diagram on p.33 of the manual...section 5 shows a close up of the needle stopper...on my machine there is a small plate on top which is not shown in the diagram.
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is Martyn.

I am happy to try and help work with you to try to get this resolved if I can.

We are Techs here, not employees of the site, but users who help on here as time allows, depending on our business, work and daily schedules.

We are located across the globe

I am in SE Australia

May I ask the Make, Model please

If you believe that sending me an uploaded photo or two, of the problem area, even a video would be helpful .... here's how you do it

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert    (Desktop is best)