Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a rangemaster dishwasher. The on off light works but

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a rangemaster dishwasher. The on off light works but the P does not abs can’t set a programme. Sometimes when turn it on/off and reset it works again but it’s getting harder to get it going again as time goes by.
JA: Do you know the model of your Rangemaster dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: It’s more than 5 years old. RDW6012FW is the number on it
JA: How long has this been going on with your Rangemaster dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a few months and it is getting more tricky. Had previous issues with not draining that I managed to solve. Tried resetting, turning off for a while and going back to it sometimes works
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i think that’s it. Sometimes when I get a reset all the programme lights go red but at the moment I can’t get that and I press the P button and no lights happen.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

It is very difficult for me right now to make you a 100% proposal. It can really be that the button is only defective at this point or has a loose contact. It is also possible that the control electronics are faulty and must be replaced. If you switch off the device every time and switch the power supply in for at least 1 hour and then switch it on again, then it should run normally again. But if it does not start sporadically or does not work, then the control electronics are unfortunately faulty.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for the response. Can you please clarify what you mean re 1 hour? Do I leave the appliance switched off for 1 hour?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

Yes, you must switch off the unit for 1 hour and disconnect the power supply for a reset.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Why have I just been charged €18?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

You have accepted the telephone service offer. Of course, there is a charge for this.