James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Kenwood oven won’t get hot. Light comes on and fan works

Customer Question

Hello. My Kenwood oven won’t get hot. Light comes on and fan works buy no heat. I live at BA2 7NT.
JA: Is your Kenwood oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Oven is electric. Hob is gas. About 4 years old I think. I’d need to check with the previous house owners.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A few days ago. I’ve been away since so this is the first chance I’ve had to deal with it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can’t think of anything
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
You’ve asked me to send you service offers (?) so you can proceed. I don’t know what you want. I’ve done everything you asked including posting my credit card details for a £5.00 charge and downloading your App. When can someone come during the week to repair my oven please?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello? Can you please let me know if you’re still intending to help me?
Expert:  James replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Where the oven is not heating I would check if the call for heat light comes on, where the light comes on and goes off if you turn the temp dial to zero then this rules out an issue with the thermostat and a new element is needed otherwise its a faulty thermostat.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good morning James. Thank you for your email. When I turn the Function knob, the general oven light comes on. When I turn the Temperature knob, the red light clicks on. But the oven just doesn’t get hot. Kind regards, LORNA
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello again James, When should I expect to hear from you again please? Are you able to help me to get my Kenwood oven working again please. Kind regards, LORNA
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
PS it’s now 23rd November. Kind regards, Lorna
Expert:  James replied 8 days ago.

Hi Lorna This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond.

Where the call for heat light comes on but you do not get heat this suggest the heating element has failed and needs replaced.

You can arrange a repair using a firm such as here.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you James for your advice. I have taken it and clicked on the ‘here’ link you gave me. As I’ve paid Go Assist £119.00 to come and repair on Thursday 25 November, please may I now have back my £5.00 which you said would be refunded if I went forward to a repair? Kind regards, LORNA
Expert:  James replied 8 days ago.

You would need to speak to customer services for questions about billing

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do I do that please James? You’re the only contact I have. What is their number please? Thank you, Lorna
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Please check the website or the emails you would have been sent when signing up to the service