KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Grundig Advanced Heat Pump condenser dryer will not

Hello Pearl, my Grundig Advanced Heat Pump condenser dryer will not start. I press the start/pause button and it just goes to "pause". I have cleaned all filters, water drum is empty.... I have made sure that I only pressed the arrow to start it too......😔😔
JA: How old is your dryer? Is the door switch working properly?
Customer: No more than 5 years old. It isn't used very often.....
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've checked that. It will maybe work for a short while...but then cuts out....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Over the past few weeks, but I thought it was me!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I've been meticulous with keeping it clean etc, and when not in use, the door is open to ensure that it dries out fully.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please tell me if you have seen any error codes or flashing lights.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello Kevin, no, I don't have any flashing lights. As I turn the programme on to start, it goes to pause

OK, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Grundig GTN38250HGCW

Thank you for the model number.

The automated phone call message is optional and premium service.

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls, and I am happy to help this way.

However, if you opt for phone call then another expert will call you based on their availability.

Please press and hold the CANCEL button for around 10 seconds to unlock the control.

Does that reset the control ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is the cancel button the on/off button?

Yes, that is correct.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok. Thank you. I have done this...not tried it before...and the machine seems to be running at the moment.... I have a very small load in, so will see what happens....it has run before for around 30/40 minutes and then cut out......

Excellent, the control may be locked and this has unlocked the control.

If it cuts off again, then leave it unplugged for around 1 hour.

While its unplugged press and hold every button for around 10 seconds.

Then plug it back and it should work.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Many thanks. All seems good just now...it finished the very light load, and is now on a heavier one!

Excellent, Cheers.