Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

We are cleaning our oven( HB13AB.21B) door. It came off but

Hi. We are cleaning our oven( HB13AB.21B) door. It came off but in trying to reinsert it I was not able to fold back the locking levers. I took the door out, tried to get the locking lever free and it has sprung into the locked position and I need to know how to unlock it. Thanks.
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric. 9 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your oven?
Customer: See first message
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Issue resolved. No help needed.

Thank you for letting me know. I would like to suggest if the problem occurs again, its likely a issue with the hinges, the good news is that the hinges can be purchased from a spares provider but needs some with experience to replace them. I would recommend you consult a local Appliances Engineer who can book in a visit to replace them on your behalf. If you are unsure who to contact, you may user search directories such as Yell.com where you will find a list of local professionals.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew