Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I had my steam iron repaired and serviced a few months ago

I had my steam iron repaired and serviced a few months ago and that was fine. It now has started to spit out dirty water steam can you advise?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Philips perfectcare aqua
JA: What have you tried so far with your Philips product?
Customer: empying the reservoir, emptying the easy de cal
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don’t think so

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a steam iron thats producing dirt when trying to use the steam function. I would recommend you cleaning the unit and to do so, I have attached a set of instructions I would like to attempt;

If you have a steam iron, one of the ways to clean out the iron steam vents is to fill the water reservoir with a mixture of half distilled white vinegar and half water. Then grab an old cloth or towel, and iron and steam it. As you steam, residue will come out of the vents along with the vinegar.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t understand this, I thought I was in communication to Philips but now I am not sure

We are experts with in the field who can advise you what you should and can attempt.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’ll leave it for now

No problem, If you need further assistance, Im here to help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

All the best, ***** ***** it all gets sorted.