Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

The door has fallen off my zanussi oven. It’s a zc1660ewc.

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi Pearl, the door has fallen off my zanussi oven. It’s a zc1660ewc. Bottom oven. The top or bottom pins aren’t holding it in place…any thoughts please?
JA: Is your Zanussi oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric just over 4 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it fell off last night when cooking dinner 🙄.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I’ve tried to put it back with the pins located top and bottom but it won’t hold. I can send phitos
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 10 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a oven which the door has detached from. I would like to suggest its likely a issue with the hinges, the good news is that the hinges can be purchased from a spares provider but needs someone with experience to replace. I would recommend you consult a local Appliances Engineer who can book in a visit to replace them on your behalf. If you are unsure who to contact, you may user search directories such as Yell.com where you will find a list of local professionals.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew