Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

From Lydd, Kent. I had to stop my bosch washing machine in

Customer Question

hello from Lydd, Kent. I had to stop my bosch washing machine in mid cycle due to big leakage. Managed that got door open etc but now cannot get machine back to square one. Stil registering previous cycle. Tried advice from manual and on line, but no joy. Am disabled lady and would very much appreciate your help and advice. Thank you so much. F**** *********@gmail.com JA: How old is your Bosch washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged? Customer: We have drained off all water , following manufacturers advice. Machine is I think 5or 6 years old. Its the fact that it was stopped by me to prevent a flood and is still half way through yesterdays cycle. How do I reprogramme the machine . JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch washer? What have you tried so far? Customer: This happened yesterday when I decided to do a drum clean using very small amount of laundry liquid. Huge amount of foam escaped out of machine. This is first time anything like this has happened. JA: Anything else we should know to help you best? Customer: How should I reset the machine. Two symbols are coming up a basket of laundry and a key and 32 minutes showing from yesterdays cycle.

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 12 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a washing machine that has stopped mid way through a washing cycle. I would suggest this may be due to a blockage in the draining system and to quickly rectify this, I will attach a set of steps I would like you to attempt. If you find the issue continues, its likely the fault will need be looked at with a hands on approach and therefore you will need to consult a local appliance engineer. If you are unsure who to contact, you may use search directories such as Yell.com where you will find a list of local processional in your area. 

1. Power the unit off (Press the power button).

2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 

3. Have a bucket to hand and towels encase there is a influx of water that dispatched from the water line. 

4. Dethatch the wastepipe and clear any obvious blockages.

5. Re-attach the wastepipe firmly and ensure it secured into position. 

6. Re-attach the power cable to the power source. 

7. Power the unit on (Press the power button).

8. Run a test program to confirm if the unit works again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Thank you so much I look forward to your good advice F****

I have just sent the information over to you moments ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your advice which I will carry out tomorrowM. Not so well at present. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. Best wishes F**** .

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 10 days ago.

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!