Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

The catch in my dishwasher doesn't work, i can't close the

The catch in my dishwasher doesn't work, i can't close the door, it appears
to be bent,, what can i do
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Hotpoint FDL 570 bought in 2011
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened this morning
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can we get a replacement or do we need someone to come and fix it?

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you need assistance with a a dishwasher that has a catch which has been damaged. I would suggest this would need replacing, the good news is that it can be purchased from spares website but will need a professional with experience to remove and install. I would recommend you consult a local Appliances Engineer who can assist you with this. If you are unsure who to contact, you may use directories such as yell.com where you will be able to find a list of local professionals.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew