Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a gorenje oven the light and the fan is working but

I have a gorenje oven the light and the fan is working but there is no heat why would that be
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric about 6years
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 3 months have tried nothing just used the hob
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know if its cheaper to buy a new oven or try and get this one fixed

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a electric oven which fails to heat. I have found an oven that won't heat is usually the result of a faulty igniter (for a gas oven) or heating element (for an electric oven). It would suggest that the heating element will need replacing, the good news is that a replacement element can be purchased from a spares website, however, need someone with experience to conduct the replacement. I would recommend you consult a local Appliances engineer who can book in a visit to take care of this for you, if you are unsure who to contact, I would recommend search directories such as yell.com where you will be able to find a list of local processionals.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew