Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

The Start/Stop button on my Zanussi Washing Machine has

Customer Question

The Start/Stop button on my Zanussi Washing Machine has stopped working. It very randomly / occasionally lets me click it but 95% of the time it's not working
JA: How old is your Zanussi washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged?
Customer: how do i find the drain hose? It's 3 years old
JA: The drain hose is a large, usually rubber hose which you can usually find at the back of the washer. How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: *2.5 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I tried cleaning out the compartments to ensure not blocked. IT's been going on for about a week - i've also tried turning off at the mains and leaving it for 30 minutes I can't really access the back of the washing machine by myself
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 6 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Washing Machine which has a malfunctioning start/stop button. It would suggest to me that the program unit would need replacing, its very unlikely a single button can be repaired. The good news is that a replacement program unit can be purchased from a spares website if you decided to go down the repair route and if so, you will need to consult a local Appliance Engineer who can assist with locating the part required whilst also replacing the existing program unit. If you are unsure who to contact, I would recommend using search directories such as yell.com where you will be able to find a list of local professionals.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks Andrew!

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!