KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Miele Dishwasher was serviced about four months ago, but

Customer Question

My Miele Dishwasher was serviced about four months ago, but now it continually stops 0 inlet drain beside 65*. What is the problem please?
JA: Do you know the model of your Miele dishwasher?
Customer: Miele SC 686 Sensor plus.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Miele dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About three weeks. I have used Calgon on all the outside drain outlets, emptied the drain basket by hand ( lots of times). Added new rinse, and extra salt for the machine. It washes the dishes and leaves them dry , but says “INSET DRAIN” 0. Right dial shows 75 but water says 65.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of - have you any ideas what might be the problem . The machine is about eight years old (I think)
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 14 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

The light in your dishwasher indicates, water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; then press and hold the START button for around 10 seconds.

The problem should now be resolved.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.