Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our Siemens fridge freezer was moved and then just stopped

Customer Question

Our Siemens fridge freezer was moved and then just stopped working. No lights, no sound!
JA: How old is your Siemens fridge? Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: I think about three years old but not sure. It is electronic , no dial to change temp settings just a button and small panel with numbers 2 to 8.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened this afternoon after the appliance was moved about 1 metre and then put back in place. No lights showing. I have checked the consumer unit and the fuse in the plug and they seem ok.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The appliance just seems totally dead. I tried rocking it but no good.
Expert:  Daniel replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now.

Can you post the model number of the appliance please.

Also have you checked the mains cable were it goes to the side of the compressor as if you moved it then it could have pulled a wire of the relay on the side of the compressor so check that if you can and see what you find.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is model number the one I see on the label on the side of the appliance. KG33VV131G?
I can't see any loose wire - looks okay
Expert:  Daniel replied 13 days ago.

Ok so if the power supply is fine and the wiring for the mains cable are still connected to the compressor relay then if nothing is coming up then it can really only be the control board.

As the power enters the fridge at the back to the relay.

Then it goes stright up to the control board.

So if the above is fine then its looking like the control board is the issue here.