Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our oven won’t turn on - I have checked the power which is

Customer Question

Hi our oven won’t turn on - I have checked the power which is on, I don’t think we have had a power cut at all
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It’s the 90 dual fuel fsd im not sure as we have just moved into this property and it was already here when we moved in!
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only noticed it today but last used the oven on friday I’ve switched the cooker switch on and off checked our fuse box And beyond that I’m a bit stumped!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now.

Is the clock set or is it flashing?

As if the clock is flashing then the oven wont work as its not in manual mode.

So try setting the clock and see if the oven works from there.

But if its not the clock thats the issue then its possibley either the oven switch or the thermal cut out thermostat thats the fault here so if you are looking at fixing yourself then you will need to check them 2 and see what you find.

The thermal cut out thermostat is a small 2 wire thermostat on the back of the oven. You need to test this with a multimeter to see if faulty.