KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Miele coffer machine can’t detect the dip tray. How can I

My Miele coffer machine can’t detect the dip tray. How can I fix it ?
JA: Do you know the model of your Miele appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It’s CM6 & it has been used for 4 years. It has been packed for about a month as I relocate to a new home. Now I open the packing & has found it doesn’t work. The machine show that I should input the dip tray.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Miele appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to clean the machine & the dip tray for almost an hour. But the problem still exist.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I want to know what is the exact problem & how to fix the problem.

Good morning,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

What is the exact error message ?

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The coffee machine show “please insert the dip tray”. Actually the dip tray is insert.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you give me some tips how to check and fix it before the calling?

OK, please unplug it and clean the contacts at the back of drip tray.

Once you remove the back panel you can see the contacts, please ensure these are all clean and dry and there is no debris.

After the contacts are clean it should solve the issue.

If the issue is still there then I am afraid the contact switches will need replacement.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Kevin, thanks for your advice. But I can’t see there is any contact at the back of the dip tray. Would you please give some photos or sketch where it is.

Please provide its complete model number so I can check for diagrams.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s CM6350

Thank you for the model number.

I am afraid, there is no diagrams available however, you will have to remove the back door or the appliance to clean it.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.