KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

The rings on my hob are OK my electrician has stated I may

The rings on my hob are OK my electrician has stated I may be the fuses behind the control knows how can I check if that is the cause of them not working
JA: Is your hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: I think it is 7 yrs
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Probably 2 yes I've managed with the 2 that are working
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of

Good day,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Please provide its make and complete model number.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Belling is the make I'm doing this on behalf of my daughter and she is at work it's about 7 years old
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am not at my daughters so am not by the cooker will that matter

What is the issue with the appliance ?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The two medium elements are not working an electrician who had a quick look while he was here said the elements seem OK he thinks it my be fuses behind the controls
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Haven't had a reply to my last message

Please understand this is not an immediate service as we are not always available here. Moreover, we have to check the schematics before we can provide you with an accurate answer. However, I will now try to respond as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

In these hobs there are no fuses inside, there are two control boards, one for left rings and another one for right rings which then connects to the main control board. Your hob is reporting a fault with the control board that will need replacement. You may contact the manufacturer or local repair shop and get it replaced.

Alternatively, looking at the age of this appliance and cost of repair, it may be a good idea to replace the hob then to repair it.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.