Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a brand new kenwood KDW60X20, Doing my first rinse

I have a brand new kenwood KDW60X20
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Doing my first rinse which was advised to do with it being new, after about 5 minutes it’s like it starts continuously beeping. Also water isn’t draining
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Salts and rinse aid are full however red lights are on when it’s beeping as well as 1/2 light

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now.

When its beeping look at the program lights and some of these may be flashing.

Number the lights from left to right with 1 on the left and let me know which lights are flashing.

Customer: replied 7 hours ago.
5 light from the left (labelled 1/2)
And the Salt and Rinse aid lights
Customer: replied 7 hours ago.
5th

Ok bit strange as there isnt an error code listed were its just light 5 only flashing.

Have you tried resetting it by holding the p button for a few seconds and then try a new cycle and see if it drains the water out from there?

Customer: replied 7 hours ago.
I’ll try that now

No worries.

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
far so good, it’s not been on this long without beeping so fingers crossed that may have solved it
Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
Spoke too soon it’s now beeping again. Same lights are on

Can you post a picture of the control panel please?

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
File attached (7G4Z73Q)

Ok when you cancelled the cycle did it drain the water out?

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
No. The bottoms still full of water

Ok is this a replacement for another dishwasher you had?

And does the waste hose go under a sink next to the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
No this is my first ever dishwasher in my property.And yes it’s plunged into the sink just next to it
Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
plumbed

Ok were the waste hose pushes onto the sink spigot pull the hose off and check the end of the sink spigot has been cut off.

If it has then unscrew the spigot and look in the other end and see if theres a black or blue blanking cap in there.

If so remove this and refit the waste hose and retry again and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
There was a rubber blue cap inside. I’ve removed it and currently trying again. The guy who fitted it mustn’t have checked

I see this a lot as its a blocker to stop the sink from leaking if theres nothing connected to it.

Fingers crossed this will be fine from there now it can drain out.

Customer: replied 5 hours ago.
It’s so obvious I almost feel stupid for not thinking of it. I guess I just trusted the guy that fitted it knew what he was doing
No worries. As I said we do see it a lot were they we’re installed buy fitters that don’t check it.