James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I bought a vax rapid power on Thursday from Currys. First

Customer Question

I bought a vax rapid power on Thursday from Currys. First use today. worked great to begin with, now it leaks if stood still and switched off.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Also the hose took worked great for half the stairs then stopped releasing water from the hose attachment, without the hose it works great, although leaking still! I’ve taken it apart and made sure no blockages etc.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: vax rapid powerCWGRv021
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 1st use
Expert:  James replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Expert:  James replied 21 days ago.

Where are you see water leaking from is it just below where the tank is sat or from the floor head?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Not sure, I’m just finding water, quite a bit, when I move it!
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It appears from the bottom I think
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I’ve checked the hose which isn’t blocked, then I noticed the water isn’t going INTO the hose, it stays in the plastic clear tube. I noticed that no matter how much I pump, with it without the attachment, water isn’t moving past the little clear plastic tube which goes to the hose. Worked great for half the stairs then stopped
Expert:  James replied 21 days ago.

Sounds like the top tank isn't correctly seated and the water is leaking from the top of the tank down the unit, so remove the top tank check the fixing and reattach, then remove and reattach the hose connector and ensure it clicks into place then see if after holding down the spray button after 15 seconds you start getting detergent arriving at the nozle

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I’ve done this. Took it apart, emptied and cleaned the dirty water tank and the little filter, checked it was working without the hose, it was. Run hot water thru the hose to ensure no blockage, run through. Reattached it, tried by both pumping the hose several times, keeping an eye on the tube, nothing happened
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I also tried holding the trigger down and not releasing it, again nothing happened
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Just dismantled it abdcreattached it after blowing thru the tube to push the water thru (what was left in the tube), held the trigger down, nothing, kept pulling and releasing trigger, nothing!
Expert:  James replied 21 days ago.

Right then the pump has failed I do not think its a blockage with it being so new and you using hot water as such its going to be a case of returning to the retailer if less than 30 days old, and they will swap it out for a new replacement.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Expert:  James replied 21 days ago.

I have been asked to acknowledge I have closed the question, have a great day, should you need further assistance please do reply back and this will reopen the question.