Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Can't reset my Bosch dishwasher, SMV46GX01G/18, I day. Tried

Customer Question

can't reset my Bosch dishwasher
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: SMV46GX01G/18
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I day. Tried resetting it holding the start button, then tried start button and on/off switch but it won't go past the flashing 0:01
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Can you describe to me which symbols also light up? It could be that you have problems with the drain pump or that the Aqua stop was triggered.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
At the moment it’s on ECO and I have the time 3.30 flashing
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
the eco button is red
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

If it flashes, it may mean that your drain pump is blocked or the water inlet is blocked. If you open the door now, do you hear anything working, any working noises?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No but I’ve seen that the dishwasher must be tipped back a bit as it’s holding bracket has sheared? Would this be affecting it?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No working noise’s
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Yes, it is possible that the door cannot be locked completely. Please close the door more firmly and test it again.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can see if I push on the door the red light that projects onto the floor stops flashing but if I release the pressure it starts flashing so it looks like a door issue?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve worked it out the main machine has come off the bracket and the front door which is attached to a cupboard front can’t connect
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Yes, then you definitely have a problem with the door. If the door does not stay locked, the programme cannot start. You have to solve the problem with the fastening. For me it is very difficult to decide from a distance what exactly the problem is with the cabinet.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No problem I can sort this out now I know what is stopping the door. Thanks
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Please good luck and success