Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

My freezer doesn’t seem to want to go to temperature it’s

Customer Question

My freezer doesn’t seem to want to go to temperature it’s set at -18 but gets no where near it and will always end up getting warmer
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: it’s a haier we don’t know the model as we got it in an auction nor do we know how old it is
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your freezer; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Haier freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we turned it on Thursday and it’s not properly worked since, the fridge above works fine, I’ve tried to clean the coil at the bottom and even removed the carpet that it was sitting on so now it’s above concrete
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolve it quickly.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I found the model number which is 452DM7 but thankyou with that I will give it a go
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 17 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Have a nice day