James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I cant unlock the audio settings on my dnx5280bt, Kenwood

Customer Question

Hi I cant unlock the audio settings on my dnx5280bt
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Kenwood about 13 years I think
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've only just purchased it just can't connect my android phone
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've tried the manual but no joy
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

To confirm you are following the steps on the right of page 70 here, and when you press unlock what happens?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Cheers james
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi have connected via Bluetooth but audio setup is locked
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Let me know how you get

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

You should get the option to unlock, when you press unlock what happens does it not register or does it give you an error?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The audio set up has a blue padlock at the side of it
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Right but when you go into System Menu as per page 70 and select unlock, the padlock is still showing in bluetooth setup?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No bluetooth is connected its just av,sat nav and audio set up that are locked
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Right ok then you need to do a factory reset. Power the radio on press the small triangle button on the bottom left of the head unit, and when prompted select the option to confirm reset. The unit should restart after 30 seconds and the unit no longer in a locked state.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not worked pal
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Right then you have a duff unit, and would contact the person who sold you the faulty head unit as its likely going to need to be sent away for the firmware to be flashed.