Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

I have a kmix blx50 and the blade no longer engages with the

Customer Question

I have a kmix blx50 and the blade no longer engages with the motor. It was fine this morning and has just stopped.
JA: How long have you had your BLX50?
Customer: About 4 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: just to ensure that the jug and blade are set up correctly.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 17 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolve it quickly.

To help me better assist you, please provide its make and complete model number and or serial number

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 17 days ago.

could you please confirm if blades do not turn but the motor runs?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi, yes the motor runs but the blades do not turn
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 17 days ago.

Thank you the confirmation. 

Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 17 days ago.

The appliance won’t work if the blender is incorrectly fitted.To have a guide please follow blade assembly on page 3 to 4 on the instruction manual.

To view the manual please click this:  BLX50 INSTRUCTION MANUAL

You can try to put very little amount of oil or any food-safe lubricant  then check part such as the sealing ring,  blade unit, and base.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 16 days ago.

However, If problem do not resolve, the source of the problem is mechanical, the unit needs to be inspected in one of authorized repair centers or you can take the item back into store with your proof of purchase, they will inspect the item for damage and check your warranty status, and offer you the available return options from there. If the item was delivered originally, you can phone Online Customer Services. Alternatively,  you may contact Kenwood on 0345(###) ###-####to book a service.

I hope I was able to answer your question.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Have a nice day