Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a washer dryer, when using the drying function the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a washer dryer, when using the drying function the items are warm but still wet
JA: What's the brand and model of your washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: Hoover WDXOA 686C-80, bought in 2018
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started, tried a full load and single item, both wet. I’ve tried removing and cleaning the filter
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

If its getting warm but not drying then its lost the airflow in there.

This can be either the dryer fan motor faulty or the dryer condenser chamber is blocked.

If you are looking at fixing yourself then you need to remove the top of the washer and there you will see the dryer chamber on top of the drum.

There is the dryer motor. Check this and carefully set the dryer going and see if the fan is running.

If not then turn the power off and remove the dryer chamber and check if theres anything jammed in the fan motor. If not and it stiff to turn then it needs to be replaced.

But if the dryer motor is fine then you need to remove the condenser and give this a good clean. This is the plastic chamber that runs from the bottom of the dryer chamber to the back of the drum.

Give this a good clean and then once clear refit it all and retry it and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Daniel, thank you, ***** ***** cleaned the condenser, now I am putting it back together but a spring has fallen off, I can’t locate where it is meant to go. Looks like the attached.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Is that the spring that holds the vent of the door seal to the dryer chamber?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Where would that be located?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Were the door seal attaches to the heater box at the front. It holds the seal to this.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There is already a spring there that goes around the front door seal, should there be 2?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

When you removed the heater chamber the door seal will have been attached to it at the front.

The heater chamber fits into the top of the door seal and this springs goes around it to hold in place.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Click here for a youtube clip and skip to the 6th minute and you will see what i mean.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for your help, unfortunately it hasn’t worked, but appreciate your assistance.
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 days ago.

Your welcome.