KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

The fridge temperature control on my HTF-452dm7 is not

Customer Question

The fridge temperature control on my HTF-452dm7 is not working - it has OF as the message and I can't get it to change temperature or apply smart settings. The fridge is now too warm (though light is working, and freezer is also working)
JA: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Haier - it's just under two years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Haier refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think since last night. I've tried all the buttons, and everything in the troubleshooting of the manual, including turning off at the wall
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: fridge temperature is currently about 10 degrees centi
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 17 days ago.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Haier Refrigerator.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 4-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Alternatively, you may call Haier at 0333(###) ###-####to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.