James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch washing machine drier Avantix. It is stopping

Customer Question

I have a Bosch washing machine drier Avantix. It is stopping mid cycle and then the door can be opened . The cycle does not complete
JA: Do you know the model of your Avanti washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: it is 12 years old and the model No is WDV24460GB/05
JA: How long has this been going on with your Avanti washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have cleaned the drain pump and washed out the detergent dispenser
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that all
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.
When the appliance stops mid cycle what is shown on the control panel, and has the drum fully drained?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Nothing is shown on the control panel except where it has stopped in the program
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Ok so its showing the time remaining and it doesn't keep counting down?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
that what happens and the door can be opened
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Right then it suggests the fault is with the control board, as if it was a problem with pumping water out or agitating \ spinning the clothes the washer would error and come up with a fault code.

As such it looks like a new board is required which can be sourced here

You can arrange a fixed price repair here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.