Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My insinkerator 56 is jammed. I think its string from the

Customer Question

Hi my insinkerator 56 is jammed. I think its string from the roast joint. The Allan key goes round but not easily. What do you suggest?
JA: How old is your InSinkErator appliance?
Customer: abut 4
JA: How long has this been going on with your InSinkErator appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have used the key underneath but although it goes round it is very stiff.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: all electrics ok. I turned off the power and removed some string. It seems jammed
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your Insinkerator problem.

I suspect that you're correct. Sometimes the only way to remove debris is to unmount the unit - you can work on it more easily then.  Do you need any guidance in unmounting it?