James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I’m using the vax hose with brush, it’s sucking water as I

Customer Question

Hi, I’m using the vax hose with brush, it’s sucking water as I can see it on the top of the brush but there is nothing going into the dirty water tank. I have checked all the connections I can think of but nothing is working.
JA: What's the brand and model of your water tank? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a vax rapid power plus and it’s about 2 yrs old but I’ve only used it twice before, so not well versed with it I’m afraid.
JA: How long has this been going on with your water tank? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Twice out of three times using it. I’ve checked all connections
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Have you checked the filter in the waste tank is not blocked?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
like I say I’ve only ever used it twice and it’s only ever been with the attachment. I don’t have carpet so never used it as the main machine. The first time I used it I had the same issue. The second time the tank filled and I just can’t remember how we got it to work. It’s only been used very lightly so far.
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

This does suggest to me the is insufficient suction, there is no setting to move between hose or floor head suction, simply attaching the hose creates te suction, so if the tank filter is not blocked up with fluff there is some suction but not a lot and hose is not kinked I would check the hose is making good contact with the port its plugged into as I suspect there isn't a air tight seal.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.