James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

How do you replace a broken hinge support for freezer flap,

Customer Question

How do you replace a broken hinge support for freezer flap
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: siemens - a year old Not sure on model
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the peg for the flap snapped last week
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ive ordered a spare but wondering how to slide off
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Not sure. It’s in built and came with apartment. Instruction book says multiple models K181R../K151R../K131R../K131R..
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry - ignore. That was the fridge. Problem is with freezer - that one is GIN81
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
On the attached photos you can see the broken one and the unbroken one. I’ve ordered spares online. How do I remove the remnants of the broken one? Does it slide off somehow or do I need to pry off with a screwdriver maybe?
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Where you have a new set of rails you use a putty knife to prise them off there are three catches along the length of the rail, you will see where they are by looking at the new one and just place the putty knife in between the wall of the appliance and shelf and it will prise off.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.