James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a Veritas 8 alarm and do not know the code. The

Customer Question

We have a Veritas 8 alarm and do not know the code. The alarm will not stop going off.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Veritas 8 i do not know the age
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thank you, ***** ***** been going off for 30 minutes. We have disconnected wires and taken away the battery from the box inside
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The alarm is very loud and it won’t stop
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Where the alarm has been tampered with it will need fully decommissioned.

If the internal alarm has been disconnected from mains and battery removed you then need to remove the cover of the external sounder, this will have a backup battery, on removing the 12v battery the sound will stop.

Should you not be able to get to the sounder then if you locate the two wires for the bell in the alarm panel and connect them to the 12v battery within the alarm box this will also stop the sound.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.