Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My ice machine wont cut onto defrost, Ice0305fa5,

Customer Question

My ice machine wont cut onto defrost
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Ice0305fa5
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 10061280013662
JA: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that i know of thanks
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 19 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm you are wanting to defrost your Icemaker? 

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No i want it to cut on its defrost cycle itself

Could you let me know the make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (25S777T)

Thanks, ***** ***** me a moment to check.

What seems to be the problem with the unit?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Are u a robot

No, you are interacting with a live expert, I have checked this unit and it does not have such a function, can you provide me more details as to what you are having trouble with?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you want to enable the defrosting function on your Ice Maker. I have checked the entire owner manual and can confirm that the unit does not have such functions which you can enable and for that reason, we can always fall back on the manual process which you may not be sure of and for that reason, I have attached the instructions below to assist you to carry this take out.

1. Power the unit off. (Press the power button)
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  3. Allow the machine to be turned off for 12/24 hours. (This will defrost the unit)
  4. Re-connect the power cable to the power source after 12/24hours.
  5. Powe the unit on. (Press the power button)
  6. Lastly, check if the unit is able to produce ice again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew