James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My hotpoint fridge freezer won't stop beeping and the fridge

Customer Question

My hotpoint fridge freezer won't stop beeping and the fridge isn't cooling
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint fridge? How old is it?
Customer: FFU3DK I'm not sure I got it from a friend
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've not long had it so since turning on I've tried the switch off and on nit sure what else to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The freezer seams to work ok it's just the fridge
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

When was the appliance last manually defrosted?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It was fully defrosted when I got it yesterday
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Before turning it on after moving it, did you let it stand to allow the refrigerant gas to settle?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It stood for 2 hours
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Ok that should have been long enough, and what temp would you say the freezer is running at currently?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It's on super freeze as its not been on long it's the fridge that's warm
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There's no cool air
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

The fridge gets its cold from the freezer, super freeze wont speed up the chilling it just bypasses the temp set on the thermostat. After 2 hours of being switched on the freezer should be at -18, after which the fridge should be around at least 10 degrees, and within a few hours of being on the freezer reach -21 and fridge around 2-3 degrees

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What temp should I set it too and do I ignore the beeping for a couple of hours
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Yes the beeping just means freezer is above -12 so not safe to store frozen items in.

I would have the freezer set to around -22 or -20 and fridge +2 or +4

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.