Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My Braun juicer won’t power on, jug blender JB 5160 i bought

Customer Question

Hello! My Braun juicer won’t power on
JA: Do you know the model of your Braun juicer? How old is it?
Customer: jug blender JB 5160 i bought it in July 2020 it worked fine up until last week, then one day just didn’t turn on
JA: How long has this been going on with your Braun juicer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened last week and I haven’t tried anything except turning off and on and trying a different socket
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yeah what’s steps do I take to get it fixed?
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 17 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a juicer which has no sign of power. I would suggest there could be a number of reasons that could cause this to occur, however, I would recommend we start with changing the fuse that is located in the power plug to do so, please see the steps I have attached below;

1. Power the unit off. (Press the power button).
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  3. Open the power plug using a screwdriver. 
  4. Identify the fuse on the right-hand side and replace it with a like for like. 
  5. Re-seal the plug using a screwdriver. 
  6. Re-connect the plug to a power source. 
  7. Last, verify if the unit has power again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi AndrewReally appreciate you taking the time to help.I replaced the fuse and unfortunately the juicer still won’t power up.Could you advise on what you think could be wrong?All the bestDamian
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

If that has not worked, it could be a number of things that could be wrong, what you really need is an appliance engineer who can tackle this with a hands-on approach to pinpoint where what has gone wrong, I would recommend consulting a company I know of which can be reached via the following weblink - https://www.repairitreuseit.com/