James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Despite cleaning (vaccuming) filters my vax blade hardly

Customer Question

Despite cleaning (vaccuming) filters my vax blade hardly sucks at all.
JA: What's the brand and model of your vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: tbt3v1p1. Hardly used but cant find order or garentee detail
JA: How long has this been going on with your vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was last used a few months ago but only briefly. I have stripped it down and cleaned it and used another machine to hoover out filters. But almost no suction
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, Having mislaid documents, how do I find out if its still under garentee. I am sure its less than 2 years old
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Did you register your vax when you got it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I hope so but cant remember
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No way am I paying £16. I was reluctant to pay the£5 to find out what is wrong with my machine, when I believe it to still be under guarentee.
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

Where you have ruled out any obstructions and the need for a new filter and still have low suction then it does suggest it may be a fault on the motor (though 90% of the time its due to a blockage). To arrange for an in warranty repair you would need to contact the service team on 0330(###) ###-####br>and they will then look up your details to see if the product has been registered and still under warranty.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.