Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Machine won’t start. Cleaning display flashing, Dishwasher

Machine won’t start. Cleaning display flashing
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: Dishwasher SilentPlus
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: E-Nr SMV41D10EU/56
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: turning off / on. Adding salt. Adding rinse aid
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Good Morning 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

It can have various causes. First of all, can you describe to me which symbols light up when you turn it on and want to start the programme? It may be that your door switch is faulty and does not register that the door is closed. Push the door shut more firmly and try to start a programme.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The programme required system lights up but the brush symbol flashes and continues to do so after I press start and close the door. The machine doesn’t start.

It may be that your circulation pump is blocked or defective. It can also mean that your water supply is faulty. What happens if you press and hold the start button for at least 5-10 seconds? Normally, the remaining water should be pumped out at the bottom and then you can select a new programme and start it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok. So I cannot change the programme setting and the brush symbol is flashing. I have tried closing the door firmly

Did you read my last message? Did you also try what I suggested with the start button?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
tried that. Just closed the door again but can see reflection of brush symbol flashing. Just tried the 15 sec again. Same result

Okay, then you definitely have a fault in the water circuit or in the water drain. Is there still water on the bottom of the unit that has not been pumped out?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Right I repeated your advice but when thee door was closed I held it in very firmly applying pressure for five mins. It seems to have worked

Great, I'm really glad to hear that it's working again. It seems they have managed to reset it.