Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a Thetford caravan fridge - don't know the model

Hi. I have a Thetford caravan fridge - don't know the model number. - it's on mains and I have a blue flashing light and the code 8 spanner. What's up?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: There's no label on the fridge, and the van is about 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been in storage since we bought it and this is going to be our first trip in it. So this is the first time I've switched it on. I don't know what to try.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything useful. I checked the fuse as a matter of course, but it's on mains at the moment.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The fridge is a Thetford - the control panel is two white buttons with the display between them

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Caravan Fridge which prompts a Blue flashing light. I have found Code 8 indicates that there is insufficient voltage reaching the 230-volt heater. This voltage must be between 210 and 230 volts. The problem could be that your supply voltage is insufficient for some reason / AC heater current is measured to be 75% below the nominal current. I would recommend in this scenario, you will need a consult an appliance engineer who can book a visit to pinpoint where what is going wrong with a more hands-on approach. I understand you may not be sure who to contact and for that reason, I would suggest using search directories such as yell.com where you will find a number of local professionals.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks. I have talked with a local caravan company and will book a complete overhaul.

Ok, that sounds good, all the best.