James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My fridge lights on gas for about 30 mins the stops when i

Customer Question

Hi my fridge lights on gas for about 30 mins the stops when i try and light it again it stays clicking for 30 seconds then cuts out.
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: its a thetford model code N112N45F44L10E Approx 11 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was fine last year only started when this year when getting ready for the season.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have replaced the gas solinoid and cleaned out the burner
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Where the appliance fails to ignite after cutting out it suggests the thermocouple which detects the presence of the flame may have a intermittent fault, as if its not detecting a flame it will keep asking for a spark (clicking) until it times out, it is also most likely responsible for cutting out the gas supply after 30 minutes.

With it being a gas appliance it will need taken to your local service centre for repair, your nearest centre can be found here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.