Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have removed my whirlpool oven’s door for cleaning but

Customer Question

Hi I have removed my whirlpool oven’s door for cleaning but cannot fit it back as one of the latches that locks the door is wedged in
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: whirlpool oven model no OV G11
JA: How long have you had your G11?
Customer: 6 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Asus product?
Customer: so unfortunately just out of guarantee after 5 years!
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to understand how I solve the problem to refit the door back. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi how long do I have to wait to talk to an engineer?
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 9 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to an oven hinge which is locked/wedged in and as a result, you are unable to re-fit the oven door. I have had this happen a number of times and sometimes, they can be a little tricky to release, however, that does not go to say it's impossible. You will need some tools to start with, having some screwdrivers to hand and also plyers can make this task a little easier than using bare hands. I have attached a weblink which will redirect you to a set of video instructions and the reason I have provided the video instructions is that it makes it a lot easier to see what you need to do rather than trying to explain it in words, at any pointing if you find you need to apply some lub/grease type substance to loose those though areas, you can use WD40 and this will also help if you find those stubborn areas aren't moving. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2UMmGOoRr0

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew