Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

My descale button remains on even after running several

Customer Question

My descale button remains on even after running several recalling programmes Using the delonghi brand descaler
JA: Do you know the model of your jo-24571 appliance? How old is it?
Customer: it’s around a year old Where can I locate the model number?
JA: How long has this been going on with your jo-24571? What have you tried so far?
Customer: around two days now I’ve followed the recommended descaling cycles as per the manual
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t believe so. The machine was standing unused for several months so no not sure whether this has caused an issue
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolve it quickly.

To help me better assist you, please provide its make and complete model number and or serial number -a number from behind the water tank or inside the service door.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi. It’s a Delonghi Dinámica
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
61
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for the information. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Please try to unplug your appliance for 1 minute from the main power then re-plug again. Try to clean the infuser then try to restart program again. Does it show any error code/displayed message or flashing of lights?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve cleaned the infuser as suggested, restarted the programme but still have the same issue
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The descale light remains on as before
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

OK.I'm just going to look through on this model, please bear with me one moment. 

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

May I ask how many times that you have done the descale cycle please?
Sometimes, the light will remain on if the machine needs a 3rd rinse or if the water tank has not been filled right up to the max line when running this process.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve run about 5 cycles now. I will try adding extra water as indicated
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But it keeps stopping short of clearing the tank
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

Unfortunately, in that case the issue could be mechanical,a faulty circuitry  or program board. The descaling process wasn't completed properly so the process was not recognised by the machine.

It may be worth trying a few more cycles of descaling if your machine has not been used for a little while as when the machine is not used, there can be a build up of limescale hardening inside and does take a good cleaning to get back to normal. Please try to unplug your machine for longer minutes or hour from the main power then re-plug and try again.

However, if the problem do not resolve with a receipt or order confirmation of when you purchased the machine exactly, Delonghi has 2 years warranty for all bean to cup machines you may contact them on  0345(###) ###-####/b> to arrange the service for you.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for help today. At least I know it’s not something that I’ve done incorrectly re the descaling. I’ll contact Delonghi
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 15 days ago.

You are most welcome it has been a pleasure chatting with you today

I hope I was able to answer your question.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or type @ followed by my name in your next chat.

Thanks for reaching justanswer.com.uk

Have a nice day