James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My kenwood dishwasher is showing error F5 but i've a pumber

my kenwood dishwasher is showing error F5 but i've a pumber check the supply but they said that checks out ok
JA: What happened just before your Kenwood dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: it was working fine. it ran for 2 mins then started beeping and displaying the error
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it's been months, had a plumber in to check supply that was ok, had a local engineer in, he went away to check manuals and we never heard anything again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

What is the model number of your appliance, and how old is it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
approx 2 years. it is a kenwood kdw45x20 slimline dishwasher

Thank you for the model number, F5 suggests water is not being detected entering the washer.

Where you have checked water is getting to the appliance (turned on at the service valve and water line not kinked, then this points to a fault on the inlet valve.

A new valve can be sourced here should you want to get a local engineer to replace the valve or failing that you can use a fixed price repair service such as here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.