Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My freezer is beeping non stop and all buttons I press won’t

Customer Question

My freezer is beeping non stop and all buttons I press won’t stop it
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Indesit less than 2 years I think. Where do I find number
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your freezer; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Indesit freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started beeping and now non stop
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No it wa snaking a noise but that’s because there is a bit of ice at the top of freezer but not long. We are slowly emptying the freezer
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It stops then comes back a minute or so continual beeping

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Fridge/Freezer which has the alarm siren beeping. I would suggest there are a number of reasons why this could occur, however, I would like you to attempt the most common which are checking if fridge and freezer are overfilled: Over-stuffing of these compartments will prevent the doors from closing properly and can cause the fridge to set off a beeping alarm. Check the fridge door seals: Broken or damaged door seals may prevent the fridge from closing. This can also happen if the seals are dirty.

1. Move things around so the door can shut if it's overloaded.
  2. Fix a damaged door seal.
  3. Defrost an icy freezer.
  4. Balance the fridge properly.
  5. Replace a faulty door alarm.
  6. Have a technician fix the circuit board.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s none of those

Have you checked the temperature?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It won’t let me check the temperature as it won’t let any of the bottoms work. It is just glashing
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Flashing

Have you tried to close the doors, try to give them a bit of a slam when closing (Not too hard).

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is not that. This is not working. I will empty freezer and sort myself

Please can you keep me updated on the outcome?