Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My washing machine has been working fine and I went to put a

Customer Question

Hello My washing machine has been working fine and I went to put a wash on and it is just flashing 'Rinse'
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front loading
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Literally just this afternoon
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just how to get it to do a wash cycle would be great currently it will only flash rinse and even if you wanted it to rinse it wont
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

It is possible that the inlet valve for the rinsing area is faulty or defective and the water cannot be fed in. It is also possible that you have problems with the motor and it cannot spin. Have you ever tried to start and check only the spin programme?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't know where to find these things on my Bosch appliance
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Would you like to try to repair it yourself or book a repair? I could give you instructions on how to do it accordingly.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Its a Bosch max66
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
try and repair myself
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I've just paid to join this service so rather not pay another £16 for the moment
thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It seems to have washed it but now isn't rinsing
so perhaps the spinner isn't working but is there anyway of troubleshooting this stuff
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

I guess you didn't read my messages. In my first message I wrote to you that I cannot make a phone call. If you want to make a call, you may have to wait for an expert to call you. The telephone service is a system-dependent offer that is automatically communicated to every customer. I have no influence on it. You can ignore it. In addition, I have written to you that this error can occur if the inlet valve for the rinsing area is faulty or defective. I asked you if you had ever started the spin programme only to check whether the motor could also be causing this error. Try to start the spin programme and report to me whether the spin and pump programme starts normally and ends properly.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you
it won't spin
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

If it does not spin during the spin cycle, you most likely have a problem with the motor. Depending on age and use, the carbon brushes on the motor may be worn out. The carbon brushes must be professionally checked and replaced if necessary. Here is a general link for a video tutorial on how to do it:

Link Video