Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My washing machine isn’t coming on, No, 18months old, 7

my washing machine isn’t coming on
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: No, 18months old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 7 days. Changing the fuses on the plug sockets sockets are working fine. Checked the suppressor but that’s fine too. No obvious signs of damage or over heating. The door also keeps locking
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that’s it

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hotpoint, type: LB2006TRF MOD: NSWR 843C GK UK

Thanks for that.

If the power supply to the washer is fine then if its not coming on then its going to be the main control board.

This is a fault we see a lot on these.

If you are able to then remove the main control board from the back of the washer and open the plastic casing.

What we see a lot on these is Slugs, They get onto the board and short the board out.

But this isnt really a diy fix as the boards are sold blank and need to be programmed up with the Hotpoint laptop.

So the cheapest option here is a fixed price repair from Hotpoint. Its about £119 all in so the that they will replace the board and program it up from there for you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My father has already opened up the control board and everything looks and seems fine. Could it be anything else?

No, if the supressor is fine then its 95% the main control board at fault.

There is a slight chance its the front display board but like i said its 95% the main control board thats the issue here.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay so do I contact hotpoint itself about the control board. My father said there’s no signs of slugs so what could be another cause?

Yes you can just call them on 03448 224 224 and they can sort that for you.

If theres no slugs then its one on more of the componments on there thats failed.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Right ok. And there’s no way you can talk me through maybe trying to see what might get it to work? I have so much washing that needs doing asap haha

Im afraid we dont go down to componment level repairing the boards. If the boards faulty we just replace the boards, Sorry.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okie dokie thank you for your help

Your welcome.