Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The door catch on our aeg cooker is not catching into place.

Customer Question

The door catch on our aeg cooker is not catching into place. The section sitting in the door frame seems so stay in the retracted position and does not pop out to engage with the hook on the cooker edge. Is this a part I can replace
JA: Do you know the model of your AEG appliance? How old is it?
Customer: We bought it in 2019. Mod 491761w-MN
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: itz recent, getting worse. When the cooker was cold I was able to flick the catch out with my finger, not so easy when you’re part way through cooking. It is the door to the main oven, the door is hinges down the left hand side, catch central on the right hand side
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we use it a lot, every day. It could be dirt I suppose. Other than that nothing
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your oven, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

Im afraid if that part has failed then this comes as part of the door frame and not a part on its own.

Have you tried spraying it with a bit of WD40 and get a small flat screwdriver to try and pop it out?

If that doesnt work then im afraid it will need a new door frame to cure this, Sorry.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Daniel
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 days ago.

Your welcome.