Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My tumble dryer is not heating up, indesit 12 d61w uk, today

Customer Question

my tumble dryer is not heating up
JA: What's the brand and model of your dryer? How old is it?
Customer: indesit 12 d61w uk
JA: How long has this been going on with your Indesit dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: today cleaning the filter the vent and empyted the water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just that
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

If the dryer isnt heating up then its usually either the heater or the thermostats on the back of the dryer.

If you are looking at fixing yourself then you need to turn the power off and access the back of the dryer.

There you will see the buldge cover, this is the heater cover.

Remove this and in there is the heater.

Remove the heater from the panel and on top is the thermostat.

You need a multimeter to test these and see if faulty. If so then the thermostat kit will need to be replaced.

If the thermostat is fine then check the heater coils and see if they have burnt and if so then the heater will need to be replaced.

Check them as they are the 2 most likely causes for a no heat fault.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can’t do that I feel unsure doing that
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

No worries, If your not sure then its best to leave it.

If you get a tech in im sure they will be able to sort it for you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yeah thanks the Machine is still under guarantee how do I get a engineer to look at it
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Ok if its still under warranty then you just need to give customer services a call on 0330(###) ###-####and they can sort you out from there.