Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have viscount cooker and the door is broken and I can’t

Customer Question

Hello I have viscount cooker and the door is broken and I can’t find a replacement for the same brand I was wondering if I can use a different brand door
JA: Do you know the model of your Viscount appliance? How old is it?
Customer: pro90dfx I think it’s around 5 years not sure about how old it is
JA: What have you tried so far with your Viscount appliance?
Customer: nothing so far as I wasn’t sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I know it’s steel fuel range cooker 90cm
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (5S5ZLTG)
Expert:  Daniel replied 15 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your oven, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

Im afraid you will not get a door for this.

Viscount is just a brand name sold through retailers. Theres no support or spare parts listed for these.

These appliances are basically not repairable. If an element fails then you may be able to match one up for for doors you have no chance.

There are 1000s of different doors out there and trying to find one the same size and the same build will be very hard.

These machines are not made to be repaired im afraid, You are always best staying away from brands you have never heard off as for support or parts its near impossible to source them, Sorry.