Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My gas meter not working, brand new they just change a week

Customer Question

Hello my gas meter not working
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: brand new they just change a week ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I topped up the card with 15 pounds and showing off On display
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: help me to fix it
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What’s wrong with my gas meter
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 6 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Gas meter which has stopped working. I have found your supplier is responsible for making sure your meter works properly. If you're a tenant and your landlord pays the energy bills, tell them you think the meter might be faulty. They will be responsible for contacting the energy supplier and sorting out the issue. If you are a tenant, you will need to bring this to the attention of the landlord to raise with the supplier and if you owner/occupier then it will be your responsibility to notify the energy supplier.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew