Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Why is my sharp smart tv showing 2 blue and squares saying

Customer Question

why is my sharp smart tv showing 2 blue and white squares saying no signal?
JA: Do you know the model of your Sharp appliance? How old is it?
Customer: no about 6 yearsold
JA: How long has this been going on with your Sharp appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed remote batteries yesterday switched off at plug then got set of numbers and a channel called teachers tv
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what can i do tried phonng curries number not in use
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 6 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you share a picture of how it is looking? 

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like you have a query relating to a television that displays lines on the screen with the message 'No Signal'. I would suggest this could be due to a loose cable or connection and would recommend we start by ensuring it's all connected firmly followed by a power cycle and to do so, please see the steps I have attached below.

1. Power the tv off. (Press the power button on the remote)
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  3. Check the HDMI Cable connection and ensure it's connected firmly to the port, next check the device where the other end is connected and also ensure it is connected firmly. 
  4. Re-connect the power cable to the power source. 
  5. Power the tv on. (Press the power button on the remote). 
  6. Check if that has resolved the fault. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew