Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Most buttons on my LG magic remote ate not working,

Customer Question

Most buttons on my LG magic remote ate not working
JA: Do you know the model of your LG appliance? How old is it?
Customer: 171016MR15
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 2 months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know much about it. My landlord put the TV when I moved in
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 6 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know if the remote is working at all or is it only certain buttons that are affected? 

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Only the cursor feature,the trackball and arrows work
Nothing else does..
I can't turn on or turn off the TV using the remote
I can't adjust the volume with it either
Can you try to remove the batteries, reinsert them, and then try using them again?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have tried that several times

Can you also try powering the tv off from the main and then switch it back on?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Tried that too

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you are having trouble with an LG Magic remote that has stopped working. It's great to see you have already attempted the previously mentioned methods as it saves me having to run you over them again. I would suggest in this scenario, the remote sounds like the problem itself and there's not much you can do besides replacing it. I have found it can be complex to find replacements if the production has stopped due to newer models, however, you can be lucky sometimes to find still stock that is in circulation. I have found Amazon have a replacement which you can purchase online and if you are a prime member, you may have delivery quick as tomorrow - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=lg+magic+remote&sprefix=LG+Magi%2Caps%2C527&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_7

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Always here to help.